Thursday 2 July 2020

Beach Cookout

Today we walked down to Watson's Creek to do our beach cookout. I was in a group with Wairini, Billie, Charlie and Donna, our parent helper. For the past week or two we have been organizing our menus, the food we needed for it and what each person had to bring. I brought potatos that I pre-cooked for us, butter, plastic plates and tongs. We used the cone or teepee set-up for our fire which worked really well so we had a big fire.

First we let the fire die down a bit and the we put the potatoes in it. Then we strated cooking our sausages. Once mine had cooked, I got the potatoes out with our tongs and put them on a plate. A few seconds later I see something dripping on my hand which feels hot. I then realised that it was melted plastic. The tinfoil the potatoes were in was so hot it melted the plate. When we unwrapped the potatoes they were a bit burnt but tasted fine. The sausages were really good and I cooked mine perfectly. We then made s'mores. Donna & Billie brought giant marshmellows that we cooked on the fire and some chocolate covered biscuits. It was delicous!!! 

A big thanks to all the parents who volentered to come down and help us kids with the cookout because with out them we wouldn't been able to go down there and that would have been such a shame. Overall I had a really good day and my team was great too. We worked really well together!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.